2009/04/04

Recipe for My Almost Homemade Country Breakfast

My dad was all about comfort foods; now days it is not so good to eat too much comfort food because it will make you gain weight if you don't move around enough to burn it off. Since I can only eat a child's portion I can eat almost anything, as long as I don't do any snacking at night.

I remember waking up in the mornings with bacon or sausage frying, and dad would make homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs and hash browns. My dad did everything the old fashioned way, which is always better than the mass produced foods, but since I am not the cook that my dad was, I like to do things my way. This meal takes about 25 minutes to prepare and serve. When the biscuits are done so is everything else if you cooked everything while your biscuits are in the oven.

On my griddle I lay out some premade hash browns. They come in a box and they are shaped sort of square. I also lay out some sausage patties made by Jimmy Dean. While they are cooking on the griddle I scramble up a bunch of eggs. If you want to cut down on the fat, omit half of the yolks. If you are scrambling 2 eggs, leave off one yolk if you wish.

Open up a can of Grand's Biscuits and lay them out on a pan and bake them according to the directions on the package.

Open up an envelope of instant gravy. It says to add water, but I add milk and water. Bring it to a boil stirring frequently.

Although this is a breakfast meal, you can have it for supper too. You can have it any time your heart desires.

When it all gets done serve it up on plates and enjoy!

No comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007