2009/06/27

Turkey Burger Soup

Now that I am making lifestyle changes, I have changed some of my ‘comfort food’ recipes to be more health conscious. I love hamburger soup, but I rarely eat beef anymore, so I have made my soup with ground turkey breast instead. It is packed with a lot of flavor.

Here is what you need to make turkey burger soup:

1 pound of lean ground turkey breast

2 tablespoons of olive oil

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 large onion chopped

1 medium bag of baby carrots sliced in halves or thirds

1 green bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper chopped

1 jar of V-8 juice

1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy

1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb

1 bag of frozen corn

2 small potatoes diced (optional)

2 medium zucchinis cut into bite sized pieces.

Here is what you do:

In a large soup skillet pour the olive oil and heat up the pot and add the turkey; sauté it with the onions. When the meat is browned, add all the other ingredients and let simmer for about 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with crackers on the side if desired. If you are diabetic, you might like this soup. You can leave the potatoes out if you want to control the starches.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007