2009/01/11

Recipe for Breakfast Pizza

I was eating breakfast pizza before it was even popular to do so. Dad would make up extra pizza dough and keep in the refrigerator whenever he made his homemade pizza from the recipe he kept in his head. My recipe for breakfast pizza is almost homemade. I don't go to all the trouble that my dad did.

Here is what you need to make breakfast pizza:

1 tube of Grands Biscuits
1 pound of bacon
4 eggs and a splash of milk
1 cup of your favorite cheese (I like to mix 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup of blue cheese)
1 package of frozen hashbrowns
4 ounces of drained crushed pineapple

Here is what you do:

Open the tube of biscuits. Flour your hands and press the biscuits down onto the pizza pan. Flatten them together where they form the crust. Scramble the eggs in a sauce pan until they are setting up, but not completely cooked. Then spoon out the egg mixture over the pizza crust. Crumble up the hash browns and cover the eggs. Fry the bacon in advance and let it cool. Then crumble the bacon and add on top of the hash browns. Spoon pineapple over the bacon and hash browns, and lastly, cover the breakfast pizza with cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is done to your liking. Slice and eat. Serve your breakfast pizza with your favorite juice or beverage.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one I am going to make myself and give it a try. Thanks I love breakfast pizzas. Than again I love all pizzas. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love all pizzas too Ken. Glad to see you here.

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007