2009/01/10

Recipe for Maple Rice Pudding

I wanted to make some rice pudding yesterday and I didn't have any vanilla, or raisins, so I improvised and found that what I had made was a delicious delectable treat! Instead of using vanilla, I used maple syrup and it was simply awesome.

Here is what you do:

In a large mixing bowl add 4 eggs.

Add 1/2 cup of milk

Add 1/2 cup of sugar, or Splenda to equal 1/2 cup of sugar

Add 1/3 cup of maple syrup

Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil

Beat the egg mixture of the above ingredients with a wire whisk until the mixture is all incorporated.

Add 2 cups of cooked rice (left over rice is perfect for this). Fold the rice in until it is mixed up really well. Pour this mixture into a pie plate that is coated with olive oil (this keeps it from sticking to the plate).

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes. To tell if it is done jiggle the pie plate and if the mixture does not move it is done. Serve hot or cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds oh so so...I'll have to give it a try. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment Anonymous. Enjoy it!

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007