2009/01/15

Recipe for Cocktail Meatballs

When I was a kid and we were going to have company my dad always made stuff to eat. They played cards and snacked. One of the most memorable snack foods from my childhood was cocktail meatballs. We had them with chips and dip.

Here is what you need to make cocktail meatballs:

1 and 1/2 pounds of ground beef (you can use more or less if you like)
3/4 cup of flavored bread crumbs (the kind you use for turkey stuffing)
1 onion finely chopped
1 egg
1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash
1 green pepper finely chopped
1/4 cup of olive oil


Here is what you do to make cocktail meatballs:

Place your ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg and mix into it. Prepare your onions and green pepper. (I like to dice them up and put them in my food processor just for a second.) and add to the meat and combine. Then add the buttermilk (This gives the meat a good taste) and combine in the soup mix, Mrs. Dash and bread crumbs.

Pour olive oil in a skillet and let the pan get hot on medium heat. While the pan is getting hot, place about 2 ounces of meat mixture in your palm and shape into balls. Place them in the hot oil and fry with a cover on your pan. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Place tooth picks in each meatball and place on a plate. I serve cocktail meatballs with chips, dip and fresh fruit. Of all my recipes, this is one of my favorites.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007