2009/01/10

Recipe for Stir Fry and Rice

Being on a budgeted amount of money each month, I can only allot so much money toward food, so I need to make due with what I have been able to purchase at the beginning of the month. I buy several 3 to 5 pound bags of mixed veggies every month at Walmart, and I buy 10 pound bags of rice at a time.

I have found by eating less meat each week we are all getting healthier and losing some weight. Here is the recipe that I follow to make stir fry and rice.

I boil 2 cups of brown rice and set it aside.

Next just add some olive oil to a frying pan or wok and let the pan get hot. Then open a bag of stir fry veggies and cook up as much as you will need for your meal. I like to cook enough to have leftovers.

On the side I like to serve garlic toast. I just butter one side of the bread and shake some garlic powder on it and toast it on both sides in the broiler. Garlic toast goes really well with this simple meal.

4 comments:

The Gatekeeper said...

Brown rice is not as bad as I thought it would be. I like this recipe. I'm always open to trying new and healthy things.

Anonymous said...

I love that you use BROWN rice! If I had only one thing to eat, and wanted to be healthy with all those B Complex Vitamins + the fiber, I'd eat brown rice. I've been eating it so long I now prefer it to the pasty white rice!

Anonymous said...

Hi The Gatekeepr. Brown rice is really good. I can't really tell any difference in taste between the brown and the white. Brown is just better for us. Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Thank you April. I love brown rice. I want to make food healthy where I can, and using brown rice is so easy to make a great breakfast food and dessert healthy.

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007