2009/01/13

Recipe for Stuffed Hamburgers

I like to experiment with food, just like a lot of other people do. Everything, or almost everything comes out great when I just think it up. Last week I made stuffed hamburgers. Here is what I did:

I took 2 pounds of hamburger and put it into a mixing bowl (you can use how much you think you will need) because I like left overs for the next day.
Next chop up some onion (I like to chop my onions in in my little food processor). Add them to the burger. Add two beaten eggs and onion soup mix.
I like to also add a good dollop of steak sauce.

Next I work it in all together and I make my burgers into large, and fairly thin patties. I go ahead and make them all into patties and place them on a sheet of aluminum foil.

Next I cut some extra sharp cheddar cheese. I like the New York cheese the best. I cut them in cubes and place a cube on half of the hamburgers.

Next use the other half of the patties to go on top of the patties with the cheese on it. Now go around the edges and seal them. I line a large baking pan with foil and place the stuffed burgers on them.

Next place them into a hot oven 375 degrees and bake for about 50 minutes. Serve with salad and garlic bread and you have a great meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Delicious, I am thinking of trying this and maybe adding some sliced mushrooms as well..Yum ..thanks.Mtdewgurl74

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good! I love mushrooms fried in onions and peppers.. and I love them on top sometimes!

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007