2009/01/14

Recipe for Chicken Salad Snack Treats

If you enjoy healthy snacks, then I have one for you. My recipe for chicken salad snack treats is one that my dad made for parties. My mom would ask my dad to make these so she could take them to work to share with her coworkers. I like chicken salad snack treats as a meal instead of having a sandwich. I like to keep chicken salad in the refrigerator so I can have them whenever I want them.

Here is what you need to make chicken salad snack treats:

3 and 1/2 cups of cooked chicken diced up in small bite sized pieces
2 hard boiled eggs
1 small onion
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional.. leave off if you are concerned about sodium)
1/2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash
1 cup of celery
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon of chopped parsley


Mix the ingredients all together and serve on Ritz Crackers. I like to use salt and Mrs. Dash, but if you are on a low sodium diet you can substitute the salt with your favorite flavor of Mrs. Dash.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007